Apostille or legalization?

1) Your document needs to have an apostille, if:


it was issued in a country that is party to the Hague Convention (Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, drawn up in The Hague on October 5, 1961). Check the COUNTRIES LIST.

After clicking on the chosen country, you will find a list of institutions which issue apostille.

For information on the procedure, please contact the relevant institution directly.


2) Your document needs to be legalized in the embassy/consulate if:

it was issued in a country that is not a party to the Hague Convention - that is, in a country not included in the above list. 


The legalization must be done by: 


a) a consul of the Republic of Poland appointed for the state on whose territory or in whose educational system the document was issued, or 


b) a diplomatic representative office accredited in Poland or another Member State of EU/EFTA/OECD or a consular office of the state in whose territory or in whose education system the document has been issued. 



A document issued in Mexico (in the Mexican educational system) can be legalized: 

  • at the Polish embassy in Mexico OR 

  • at the Mexican embassy in Poland OR 

  • at the Mexican embassy in an EU/EFTA/OECD country 


For information on the legalization procedure, contact directly the relevant embassy or consulate: 

Diplomatic missions and consular posts in Poland (list at the bottom of the page) 



The university does not participate in the procedure of obtaining an apostille / legalization. 

Remember that the process of obtaining apostille/ legalization may take time, so start the procedure early enough, taking into account the admission deadlines. 

In case of any doubts, please contact AGH University Department for International Students.