The aims of education in the field of Management at the second level of studies in the International Management specialty are the following:
• transfer of advanced, specialized knowledge in the field of management and related sciences and development of critical and original thinking about its usefulness and effectiveness in the international economic environment,
• preparation of graduates to work as independent entrepreneurs, managers, specialists and consultants by developing advanced skills of identifying, formulating and solving problems in conditions of complexity and uncertainty of the global economy (combined with the ability to select analytical methods and tools),
• shaping an active attitude towards multicultural ethical and social problems of business as well as commitment and a sense of personal responsibility for decisions in the work environment and beyond,
• preparation of the students for undertaking research challenges and third degree studies.
The graduate of the International Management specialization is characterized by creativity and flexibility, and is able to adapt the acquired competences to the needs of the changing labour market. The graduate is proactive, demonstrates an innovative attitude and he/she is open to new solutions. In the course of studies, the student acquires interpersonal skills, as well as those associated with self-presentation and group work, which are necessary for managerial positions at various levels. These competences are especially important for effective functioning in a culturally diverse environment.
An important element of the didactic process is leaving a student a high degree of independence, which influences the formation of the graduate's social maturity and its internal motivation to achieve the set goals. The graduate has the skills to recognize, diagnose and solve problems of managing human, material and financial resources as well as information in the international environment. He/she is prepared to work as a specialist and a manager (at the middle and senior management level) in enterprises operating on the international arena, as well as to run own business.
During the course, the emphasis is on shaping the sensitivity towards cultural differences and understanding their importance for the functioning of multicultural organizations and the development of group work skills. The development of skills related to critical thinking, creative problem solving and group work are supported by the use of appropriate teaching methods, such as case studies, project work and e-learning.
1. First degree graduates with compliance of learning outcomes with the effects of first degree education in Management may be recruited for the International Management specialization.
2. In addition, the candidate must be able to use English to the extent enabling continuation of education in this language (at least level B2). Knowledge of English must be confirmed by a language certificate or other document, e.g. a supplement of a first degree studies during which the candidate took an English language exam.
4 semesters – 2 years
A set of exam questions for on-line entrance examination: HERE
Qualification: summer time (June – September)
Tuition fee: HERE
tel. +48 12 617 42 23
All rights reserved © 2020 AGH University of Science and Technology